Thursday, January 27, 2005

episode four...

Viva Las Vegas...

Okay, that was cheap, but I couldn't help it.  I saw a lot of cheap last night, so I figure I'm entitled to follow suit.

I have a new favorite.  Well, at least a favorite on the female side of the aisle.  And it's not because she has my name.  Look out for Jennifer Todd, cause she's got the potential to be singing in May.  And, in case you didn't not hear it, Simon had nothing to say about her weight.  Guest judge Kenny Loggins did, while at the same time observing that Ruben overcame his "image problem."  It's funny, but I don't recall any of the judges, at any time, telling Ruben he had an "image problem".

Weight, it seems, only matters for women.  Alas.

But she's my new favorite, keeping in mind that we haven't heard from the majority of the Hollywood picks.

I wasn't as enthused about 16-year-old Mikalah Gordon as the judges obviously were.  (Spoiler:  she does make the top 40.)  Maybe you had to be there. 

But Bobie May and Joseph Land had me rolling in the aisles.  Well, on the floor, since I don't have aisles.  Bobie, hun, you don't need to have psychic abilities to know you can't sing.  Ears are sufficient.  And Joe -- you're not old!  You're an idiot.

But our twin guy gets to go to Hollywood after all!  Rich Malfetta, half of the Malfetta twins, both of whom were rejected in New Orleans, got his second wind in Vegas and got his gold ticket as well.  Bet his KISS poster will be traded in for a Loggins & Messina one now.

That Neil Diamond wannabe guy was scarier than all of the Roaches in Washington.  And that's saying a lot.

How did we know that the showgirl, Amanda Avila, would advance?  How did we know?  Oh yeah.  Lisa Wilson, last year's hot tub girl.  That's how.

And my pick for most adorable one so far has to go to the Cyndi Lauper/Linda Ronstandt girlie girl, Emily.  Get some instruments and backup singers behind that girl, and I think she will shake the rafters.  Or at least I hope so. 

And my favorite line of the season so far:

"Will you let me talk without rudely interrupting me?"  Paula Abdul actually said that.  Paula.  Abdul.  Really.  Not kidding.

Next week:  Cleveland.  That's in Ohio.   Viva Cleveland.

No comments: