Saturday, May 15, 2004

welcome to my american idol blog

This is entry number one (Whoopie!) in my blog devoted to American Idol.  I've been blogging about Idol in my main blog, Random Ramblings, this season, but I found that there was so much I wanted to write about, that my main blog was becoming an Idol one.  And I didn't want people to think that my life really was entirely devoted to American Idol, so a second blog made perfect sense.  Here I can just comment and comment, and it's completely okay!  Because that's what it's for.

I do make a few promises.  I will be objective.  I will not favor any one contestant, even if I have a clear favorite.  (But I will tell you who my favorite is.  So any pimping will be completely intentional and obvious.  If you don't like it, start your own journal!)  And I will not let this blog become stagnant.  There may be days when I don't post an entry, but that's usually because there's nothing to post about.  This will not be a two or three-entry blog and then left to wither away in the cyber-sun.  I love reading other people's take on this show, but it's frustrating to no end to find what looks like a good blog through a search, only to find it has just two entries from two months ago with just an "I love so-and-so..." as the Idol-related search find.  I will remove quickly any offensive comments.  One of the reasons for starting this blog is to get away from the increasingly-disgusting AI message board(s).  And I will try to be funny.  I usually always try, but I don't always succeed.

Now it's total suck-up time:

I was asked a while ago by the AOL entertainment people if they could feature Random Ramblings on the cover of TV Talk.  Well, Ramblings is not a TV blog, so I decided against it.  (Then I was never able to respond because the e-mail was cyber-shredded.)  So, I'm not gonna play humble here, I'm hoping for a re-invite!  Hey Editors!  Here I am!!  (Dang, I'm feelin' a lot like LaToya London right now!)  But it really don't matter, cause I'm gonna have a great career anyway.  Hey Editors!  Pick me!  Pick me! 

I know that it's kind of late in the Idol game right now.  I mean, we're down to three, and I'm just starting.  I'm sorry editors.  :::tears:::  But I didn't think about it until late.  ::::::more tears::::::  And it never occurred to me that anyone might want to read what I wrote.  ::::::sniffles:::::::  So, I'll try to do some cutting and pasting from Ramblings to this blog, Idoling, from the last show.  I said I'll try. I'll do my best.  Please don't be harsh with me.  :::::tears:::::  I love you Hawaii!  [Hey, why not...it worked, didn't it?]

Okay now AOL Editors:  I can git down wit da git down.  You know dawg?  So here I am!  I'm down here!!  I'll be waiting!!!  I mean I don't wanna be one of those high fallutin top 5 editor's picks or anything.  (How do you spell fallutin?)  There will be no poetry here.  And very few photos.  I'm just a young blog from a small town, but I have a big voice.  Come on y'all...everyone on your feet!  Pick me!  Pick me!

I'm your American Idol blog!

No comments: